Approximately 10 years ago, the members of Devils Ridge Golf Club Men’s Golf Association (MGA) realized the need to give back to the community. Since then the Men’s Golf Associations has actively pursued their love for golf with their desire to give back.
The Devils Ridge Charity Golf Classic run by the Devils Ridge Men’s Golf Association (MGA) raises funds going directly to support local families dealing with Alzheimer’s. Working with Alzheimer’s of North Carolina the monies are used for research and patient and care giver assistance here within the state.
This year’s tournament will be held Wednesday, September 17th, with a goal of raising over $40,000 to assist those in need here in our own community of greater Wake County. Past major sponsors, Rex Healthcare, United Airlines, Carolina Hurricanes, John Deere and Edward Jones help provide a foundation for the tournaments goals but more sponsors are needed. The tournament offers a wide array of sponsorship levels including major sponsorship levels, hole sponsorships, special event sponsors and contributions for our silent auction and/or raffle.
Alzheimer’s is a disease that impacts over 5 million families, with loved ones often lost to us even though they are still with us. And women are at the epicenter of the Alzheimer’s crisis.
- Nearly two-thirds of those with Alzheimer’s disease – 3.2 million – are women.
- Women in their 60s are about twice as likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease over the rest of their lives as they are to develop breast cancer
- More than 3 in 5 unpaid Alzheimer’s caregivers are women – and there are 2.5 more women than men who provide on-duty care 24-hours a day for someone with Alzheimer’s
- In 2013, 15.5 million family and friends provided 17.7 billion hours of unpaid care to those with Alzheimer’s and other dementias – care valued at $220.2 billion.
- Alzheimer's disease is the only cause of death among the top 10 in America that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
To fight this dreaded disease, the MGA invites you to join us on September 17th at the Devils Ridge Charity Golf Classic to benefit Alzheimer’s North Carolina, an organization focused on the needs of North Carolina patients and caregivers as they battle this disease.